WHAT IS GROW ON?
Each November a curious thing happens: men disregard their standard shaving regimen, ignore heckles from their wives and friends and let their ‘staches and beards grow with wild abandon.
Are they preparing for winter hibernation?
Testing out a new form of food capture?
Revolting against the razor industry?
They are banding together to bring awareness to and generate funds in the fight against cancer affecting men in our community.
WHAT DOES GROW ON SUPPORT?
Growing out your ‘stache or beard will cause others to take notice and ask “why?”, sparking a conversation about men’s health.
Local men’s health cancer research projects through our annual Seeds4Hope grant awards program which could include, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
The purchase of tools used in the treatment of cancer affecting men such as bladder scanner, vital machine monitors, IV poles, brachytherapy equipment and an immobilization system used for radiation treatment.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
• Register on-line at GrowOnWindsor.com as an individual and begin collecting pledges today
• Register as a team with your family, your friends or your co-workers
• Pledge in support of an individual or team
• Create your own event or attend an event in support of Grow On
PROSTATE CANCER STATS
• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer affecting Canadian men (an estimated 21% of all new cancer cases)
• 1 in 7 will be diagnosed in their lifetime
• In 2017 an estimated 21,300 men were diagnosed
• Over 90% of prostate cancer cases are curable if detected and treated
TESTICULAR CANCER STATS
• In 2017 an estimated 1,100 Canadian men were diagnosed with testicular cancer
• It is the most prevalent cancer in men aged 15 to 40, but it’s also among the most treatable when caught early
Get your Grow On, register today!