WHAT IS GROW ON?
Grow On Windsor is a local fundraising campaign in support of cancer awareness, research and treatment for men living in Windsor Essex.
During the month of November the community bands together to bring awareness to and generate funds in the fight against cancer affecting men in our community.
Grow On Windsor has raised over $800,000 and funded the purchase of vital equipment and tools, all of which stay local!
WHAT DOES GROW ON SUPPORT?
Growing out your ‘stache or beard will cause others to take notice and ask “why?”, sparking a conversation about men’s health.
Local men’s health cancer research projects through our annual Seeds4Hope grant awards program which could include, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
The purchase of tools used in the treatment of cancer affecting men such as bladder scanner, vital machine monitors, IV poles, brachytherapy equipment and an immobilization system used for radiation treatment.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
• Register on-line at GrowOnWindsor.com as an individual and begin collecting pledges today
• Register as a team with your family, your friends or your co-workers
• Pledge in support of an individual or team
• Create your own event or attend an event in support of Grow On
PROSTATE CANCER STATS
• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer affecting Canadian men (an estimated 21% of all new cancer cases)
• 1 in 7 will be diagnosed in their lifetime
• In 2018 an estimated 3,672 men visited the Windsor Regional Cancer Centre
• Over 90% of prostate cancer cases are curable if detected and treated
TESTICULAR CANCER STATS
• In 2018 an estimated 1,000 men were diagnosed with testicular cancer
• It is the most prevalent cancer in men aged 15 to 40, but it’s also among the most treatable when caught early
Get your Grow On, register today!