Meet Grow On Windsor’s 2020 Ambassadors.
They have been impacted by cancer and are advocating for men living with cancer in our community.
Photo: Davide Savio, Stephen Savage, Bill Ladouceur and Darcy Haggith.
WHAT IS GROW ON WINDSOR?
Grow On Windsor is a local fundraising campaign created by the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation in 2015. The campaign takes place every November in support of cancer awareness, research and treatment for men living in Windsor-Essex. To date, Grow On Windsor has raised more than $1 million and, most importantly, every dollar raised in this region stays in this region.
Here are some items funded by the WCCF:
- IV Poles – deliver chemotherapy to patients ($250 each)
- Brachytherapy Equipment – used for internal radiation therapy for prostate cancer patients ($171,295)
- Radiation Treatment Immobilization System – delivers a high dose of radiation in a small number of treatments ($80,000)
- Tissue Processor – enables sectioning of tissue without damage or distortion ($63, 900)
- Auto Microtome – helps to preserve tissue during prostate biopsies ($38,500)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) Machine – helps diagnose lung cancer ($350,000)
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
It’s not just about growing a beard to show your support (although we love that part), you can get involved a number of ways:
• Register on-line and begin collecting pledges today
• Register as a team with your family, friends or co-workers
• Pledge in support of an individual or team
• Create or attend an event in support of Grow On Windsor
Please note: All donations must be submitted by November 30th in order to be eligible for prizing.
Photo credit: Mychailo Photography www.facebook.com/mike.kovaliv